Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chapter 2 page 72 - HMTU 14

82 degrees, 67% humidity, one whole week of nearly zero physical activity = a tough training session made slightly easier with both "C" and "L" at my side. I missed lunch today and only had a slice of pepperoni pizza for breakfast left me feeling as if there was no gas in the tank during the 3 mile run (no doubt, 'cuz there wasn't - my bad). We did a 10 minute warm up and a 10 minute cool down and then about 25 minutes of 2:2 (except for one time when we doubled the walk to 4 minutes - I was pooped). My shins and blisters have healed (not sure for how long) at least for now so that made things slightly more pleasant. My biggest complaints (because I always have something negative to say - so sad, I know) today were that I felt as if I were just so out of shape with my breathing and my legs just felt like they weighed 500 pounds each. Going into the session, I had felt as if I could have gone 5 or 6 miles no problem - but no lunch, a week's lay off, and just being soooooo overweight will slap me with a reality check. Today, we did 3.1 (including the warm up and cool down). I didn't stop my watch, but the it was 34 minutes to the fence row (not a terrible time - not a pushed pace either.
We're going to try it again on Thursday, my ego needs a good run - that 5.6 mile training session 2 weeks ago seems like ages ago and impossible today.

No comments:

Post a Comment