Friday, July 29, 2011

Chapter 2 page 391 - Race Preview

You may remember THIS post where you had a chance to vote on what color I should wear for my upcoming race.  Great news - that race is tomorrow and I'll be wearing:
**PINK**
(my personal fav! - great choice bloggy friends!)
Pink shirt
Pink nail polish
Pink (and orange) sun visor
Pink (and yellow) shoes
Pink pony tail holder 
Race Preview:
Location:  Berne, IN (a Swiss community)
City's population:  4,423 (9/09)
Last year's race field:  482 participants
Race Name:  Swiss Days 5K
Race start:  8:15 a.m.
Distance: 5K
What's great about this race:
1.  Extremely well organized - it's amazingly efficient!!!!  Kudos to the race director and the sponsoring entity who do such a GREAT job!
2.  TONS of spectators
3.  Since it's a Swiss town, there are hundreds of people ringing cow bells along the entire route
4.  "L" will be there (though, not with me - she's doing the race with her walking partner "D")
5.  So excited to be having a bloggy meet up with Bethany from When Two Worlds Crash

With my first (of 4) half marathons just 2 weeks away, tomorrow's 5K will not be an attempt at a PR - just nice and fun race!!!  Wish me luck!  Come back later this weekend for the recap!!!

4 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you decided to go with pink! what a great color!! :) i hope you got my email, but unfortunately I will not be running in the 5K tomorrow. :( But I wish you the best of luck running! You will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The race is already over as I'm typing this but I hope you had a good time and enjoyed yourself. (And enjoy some fun food for me at the festival!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the race was fun. I'm off to read a race recap right now!

    ReplyDelete