Friday, December 9, 2011

Chapter 2 page 492- Gourmet Runner’s Great Blog Survey

Show of hands who reads Gourmet Runner’s Blog????  I do and I.LOVE.IT!  She is interesting and funny.  Her posts are diverse ranging from “what I did today?” to “healthy muffins” to “insight into marathon training” ohhhh and let’s not forget her totally interesting background AND the fact that she and her husband built their new home by hand themselves!!!!!  Such a cool gal!!!!  She created a Great Blog Survey of 2011 and I thought I would jump in and answer her questions . . . and I didn’t have any other topic more pressing for today’s post (ha!)

How often do you update your blog? I really think about doing it everyday, but I don’t have a lot to say so only when I do something that’s worth talking about.

How long do you spend writing each post?  Usually about 20 minutes  - used to take me a lot longer before my Bloggy Bestie changed my life when she introduced me to Live Writer.

How long do you spend reading blogs each day? About 30 minutes – I’ve recently added more blogs to my blogroll and so it’s taking a bit longer, but I think it’s time well spent.  I learn a lot of fun and informative things. 

What other social media sites do you use? NONE

What is the first blog you started reading? I read Susie’s blog called Weighing In.  She doesn’t post much these days, but I owe her a lot for introducing me to blogging!  PLUS she’s an amazing woman whom I respect a great deal!

How do you read blogs (Phone/iPad, dashboard, Google Reader...)?  I read them on my laptop by pulling my my blog then clicking on the blogs showing an update on my sidebar.  I HATE google reader – no idea why, but I prefer going through my blog to get to others.


How many blogs do you follow?  About 35-30 – I have slowly been transitioning away from some and onto new ones.  I’m in a search for awesome blogs- do you have any that are MUST FOLLOWS (if so, leave me a comment)

You're on a week-long vacation. Do you a) pre-set posts for the time you're away, b) blog every day on vacation, or c) organize guest posts in advance?  I usually don’t worry about posting while I’m away.  Occasionally, I’ll write posts ahead of time and set them to post. 


Have you made money off of your blog? No

Would you quit your job to be a full-time blogger, if it meant cutting your salary in half? Probably not!  I really enjoy my job and the kind of work I do.

Want to jump into the Great Blog Survey, make your own post and let Gourmet Runner know you took part by leaving her a comment with the post URL.  Have fun and a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! So excited you did it too! I need to look up Live Writer - I have heard of it from a few people but never tried it myself. But if it saves me time creating blog posts, then I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Checking out Live Writer too. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love reading these. I keep hearing good things about live writer - gotta check that out...

    ReplyDelete