Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chapter 2 page 277 - heel update 2 (of many)

You can absolutely skip reading this post - it simply has to bore you to death to hear about my heel.  I'm blogging about it in case anyone else out there struggles with PF and more importantly- I'm writing about my journey through rehab as a reminder to myself of the highs and lows that come with dealing with a chronic issue.

I had my 2nd PT session on Tuesday morning - yep, more scrapping.  It was a lot more painful this time, but still - it's very do-able.  It's uncomfortable - not really so much PAIN.  It helps to know that there are only about 20 scrapes in each direction on each spot . . . it's still about 40 minutes of it though.  After the scrapping, then there is a short ultrasound session which doesn't really feel like anything.  Then, with the aide  of a belt, a long stretch. 
source
 Later in the day on Tuesday, "C" I ran 6 miles.  It hurt - it always hurts.  It's not new, but I have to say I really am getting fed up with the pain that ALWAYS comes from running.  (fingers crossed - it will eventually go away). 

As part of my job, yesterday I had to stand for about 4 hours on a concrete floor.  It made my heel hurt considerably.  The 2nd half of the day, I was able to sit and dropped my heel off a step so it was stretched for about 90 minutes.  When I got home, besides being exhausted - my heel hurt.  This morning, I woke up to ZERO first step pain.  Woot Woot!  Regretfully, my work duties had me standing on the concrete floor all day once again.  So after a glimmer of hope from a pain free first step this morning, it's back to killing me this afternoon.

More PT on the schedule for tomorrow morning.  Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your words of sympathy. Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so painful! I do hope you get lasting relief soon!

    ReplyDelete