Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chapter 2 page 287 - heel update 5 (of several more)

source
Readers of my recent "Heel Update" posts know that I've been hovering at the "11" according to the scale above (no offense to my religious readers - the graphic was just too funny to not include).
BUT NOT TODAY!!!  Today's rehab was FAR LESS painful than it has been the last 7 times!  I asked the therapist if she had quit pressing hard (you know, maybe because she was tired of my crying and screaming) and she said she was actually pressing harder- say what?!?.  There were no tears, no screams, and no red face.  (Please don't read this as "it felt awesome and I wished I could have another hour . . . because THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE!).  Although the overall PF hasn't really improved too much - I think some progress has to be being made if the scraping hurting less . . . right?  So glad I can finally report some better news!

Stay tuned - 4 miler tomorrow, 2 miler Thursday, and 13 miles on Friday . . . that'll be the real test!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a pain-free therapy session! Those photos were seriously intimidating.

    Good luck on your runs!

    P.S. I definitely think you could do 30-Day Shred. You can modify it to an extent and use whatever weights you are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who added 11 to the scale?! LOL!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Glad to hear things are going better! Hopefully the PF starts to resolve soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that scale. The 11 is too funny.

    I'm so glad you're finally getting relief. I'll keep praying for your foot to heal.

    ReplyDelete