Friday, April 15, 2011

Chapter 2 page 285 - heel update 4 (of many) lots of photos

I'm calling this update "Tears from the Torture" -Today was my 5th rehab visit.  During my previous appointment (on Tuesday), it was so painful that my hands got all sweaty and I honestly thought I might throw up.  Today, I brought my camera in order to document the torture (Thanks "L" for taking the photos) and share it with all of you - these photos are NOT staged . . . they were taken during the actual treatment and capture my authentic reaction.  I can say, that all of this pain, may be worth it - my heel still hurts so there is still along way to go, but I can say there has been some improvement.
Pointing to the painful area so the therapist hits "the spot" (mental note - next time point to some place that doesn't hurt! HA!)

Large scraper - scrapes the instep/arch area

Small scraper - scrapes deep and in a more pinpointed area

sweet love of all that is holy - this really hurts - PLEASE make this stop!!!

Scraping the calf . . . doesn't the therapist's hand look like it's pressing hard?  She swears she isn't pressing very hard . . .whatever!!!!
After getting told to "hold it down" during my previous PT session when I let out a rather loud OUCH, this is me, "holding it down" - Look at how tightly my hand is squeezing and the dark red face - pain scale 1-10 . . . this is about a 50!!!! 
Last chance to join the "ASK ME ANYTHING" party in celebration of my 300th post.  Click HERE to check it out!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks so painful! You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG woman! Your face is on fire!!! Poor thing!!

    When I did my PT sessions there was a girl with a calf injury of some sort. I saw her PT use some lotion and rub her leg. I remember thinking "Why don't I get a massage?!" Apparently it's not a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my. That looks terrible!! Glad your heel is feeling (a little) better - which it should after all of that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! It looks painful, if it makes you feel better, I feel the same way at my RMT - so much pain, but so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope your heel feels better soon! Let's just say you don't look very happy in your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap that looks painful! Note to self: Never get that done. EVER.
    Power to you girl for getting through that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your story, I ess trying to figure out what the hell my physical therapist did to me today. Excruciating pain was what I could describe it as.

    ReplyDelete