Monday, June 27, 2011

Chapter 2 page 360 - TR 127 4K recap

Last Tuesday was the second in a series of 3 progressively longer cross country races.  I wasn't 100% sure I would make this race to make it to the starting line, but I had no doubt I would arrive in time to run backwards on the route and meet up with the recent Spring Into Training graduates to cheer them on for the second half.  Well, great news - everything went quickly with work so I was able to get to check-in just in time (not time to go potty, but . . .oh well).  I ended up walking the entire 4K course with my SBFF "MM" while "C" walked with the other gals.  The weather was frightening - there was cloud to ground lightening not far away and the clouds were ominous to say the least.  Fortunately, although there was rain and we got wet, it could have been so much worse!

Can you believe I didn't remember to bring my camera?  That's not like me!  If you click on my race page HERE, you'll see I make a photo collage for every race - how can I make a collage if I don't have my camera! Unacceptable!  HUGE SIGH!  I used my blackberry and that will have to do!

"BC" & "MM" after the race at our "go to" Mexican Restaurant (no margaritas celebration this time)

Mother-daughter (aren't they cute!) - you gals did a great job at the race!

The group minus "RS" who is taking the photo - apparently only I felt the post race photo warranted a thumbs up - ha!

The group minus me who is taking the pictures.  See, still no thumbs up!

3 comments:

  1. I like how you give EVERY race a thumbs-up. That is such a great attitude to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Richelle - I LOVE RACES and I LOVE doing them with friends!!! Additionally, generally speaking, I'm a pretty positive person in all things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you do so many races with friends--I'm jealous! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete