Friday, June 24, 2011

Chapter 2 page 358 - insanity AGAIN

I really enjoy helping people - especially helping people discover running and finding the joy of racing.  I also love to have a friend to do races with.  Many months ago, I "met" a gal through my blog named Allie (from Missouri).  We have communicated through emails regularly and she is the reason that "C" and I are going to do the St. Louis RnR Half in October. We're coming to meet her (and of course, run the race together).  She has said all along that she is slow like I am - UMMM, liar - she's fast like "C" (maybe even faster than "C")!  Anyway, she had been training for her first half marathon which was to be the Extra Terrestrial half at night in Nevada in August (probably messed up those details, sorry Allie).  Well, my heart broke when her friend backed out and she was left hanging.  I'm NOT the girl to run a half marathon in a desert at night especially in a small race where there won't be thousands of peepes, but I am the girl who says YES when asked if I would do the Chicago RnR Half with her in August instead.  So, "C" isn't able to do the race with me (you have no idea how truly sad that makes me not to mention anxious -she's "the girl" - she just makes all the destination plans work) so today I signed up to do the race with Allie.  P.S.  This MO Allie is not to be confused with my awesome bloggy follower Allie who is currently in Gerrmany (she writes thatgirlisarunningfool). 

So here's to getting a post race concert from Bret Michaels in the Windy City with my new MO running friend (AND my opportunity to get the extra medal for doing 2 RnR races). 

P.s.s. For those of you keeping track, this will mean 4 half marathons in 4 months in 4 states - hmmmm, NUTS!!!!!!!!!  Stay tuned!!!!

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Destination races are so much fun, and I'm positive you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insane is right! I hope you have fun - it's a great time running through Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the shout out! You're awesome too and so is this other Allie, I mean, with a name like that she kind of has to be. :)
    And for the record: Yes, you are crazy but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you signed up for this! Especially after what you said during the Geist. I'm so proud of you! I knew that you would continue to run more half marathons and maybe even a full marathon. (hint...hint) You have caught the running bug and it won't let go. Iwould love to join you and Allie but the next day is my first day back in the classroom before students start. I will be cheering for you from afar...and wishing I was there. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im doing 1 1/2 marathon in 4 months ... 4 1/2 marathons in 4 months is AMAZING!!! Glad i found your blog.

    ReplyDelete