Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chapter 2 page 359 - 66 minute dream

Just had to share a dream I had last night with all of you ('cuz I know how much you care 'bout it!).  I dreamed I was in a half marathon and that I completed the first 6 miles in 66 minutes - feeling strong and looking good.  I was soooo bummed when my alarm went off (in real life) and had to cut my dream short (didn't get to "experience" the crossing the finish line in my dream), but 66 minutes for 6 miles - yes, I would be over the moon with a performance like that.  I have to think my slightly quicker (closer to 13 m/m not 11 m/m) 6 miler last night might have been the root of this dream, but nonetheless - I feel it might be obtainable one day, with some dedication and hard work!

For what it's worth, the other night I dreamed I won 3rd place in a race - ha!  Yeah, that'll NEVER happen (unless there are only 3 people in the race). 

Do you ever dream about running or racing? 

5 comments:

  1. Dang - if you had negative splits, could you imagine your finishing time?!? Ha! I love this dream.

    I have dreams about running and, usually, I am uncharacteristically fast - and even my dream self knows it. Maybe we'll dream enough to get that fast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... what a cool dream! Maybe that's God's way of telling you not to give up on your goal of becoming faster. :)

    I've had dreams before where I've been running AWAY from something, haha. I'm not sure if I've ever dreamed about racing before. I might have, but I don't remember my dreams well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I dream about running. I think about it always! It really is kind of an obsession. Keep it up. you can do it!!!! I think it is awesome you are getting back into things and doing what makes you feel good. LOVE the blog and will be back.

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a race dream just the other night!! I was late for it, and for some reason had a handful of newsletters that I had to get rid of. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other night I had a dream I was running the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon. But sadly I woke up and was not in Disney World. :(
    http://slowandsteadywin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete