Monday, June 13, 2011

Chapter 2 page 342 - Breakfast anyone?

On my previous post, I discussed the importance of planning ahead and the value of grocery shopping in my efforts to eat healthfully and loose weight.  My breakfast today was colorful, delicious, and healthy - it was not unique or original, but it was far more delicious and healthier than my normal options.

Put a container of Strawberry Chobani in a bowl.

Measure out 1/2 cup of blueberries - these have been VERY good this year.

Stir in blueberries.

Slice up strawberries - used my pampered chef egg slicer to expedite things.

Measure out 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and stir them into the yogurt.

For a little texture change, add 1/4 cup low-fat granola with a couple of sprinkles of cinnamon. 

Top off the yogurt (or stir it in) with the granola.  

 Later today, I'll be putting the berries together in snack size bags to make it even quicker.  I might even freeze them so that it makes the yogurt really cold and I can take it to work and eat as a mid morning snack.  I might also layer (rather than stir in) the ingredients in a glass for a home made parfait the next time to trick my head into thinking it's a special treat. 

What's your quick, easy, delicious, and healthy breakfast recipe?

2 comments: