Friday, June 24, 2011

Chapter 2 page 356 - heel update #2 round 2

 I'm back in rehab for my heel as I stated earlier this week.  On Thursday I had my 2nd session and guess what the feature was . . . . yes, more scraping!  Ohhhhh the scraping.  I have such ticklish feet.  I think during the first 12 sessions I built up some tolerance to the ticklishness, but I think I some of that tolerance because this was torture.  This therapy session was performed by "L" (my running partner) who is a PTA.  I've heard the rumors that she scrapes super hard so to say I was anxious about our session together would be a gross understatement.  Thankfully one of my friends was there with me because all in all it wasn't the worst scraping session I've had.

Additionally, yesterday, I took advantage of a $20 off coupon for a massage that I had gotten in the goodie bag from Saturday's Diva Dash.  The massage interested me because it was listed as a Plantar Fasciitis massage.  I have never heard of it, but I was ready to try it out.  I drove an hour to the big city's East side to get it, but let me just say it was worth it.  Melanie was the therapist and as we talked I learned she was 1 of only 2 medical massage therapists in the big city.  She felt confident that with 3-6 sessions I could be cured.  Hmmm, I'm not so confident, but we'll see.  She gave me a full body massage with a great deal of the session focused on stretching and massaging all aspects of the PF tendon.  I could really feel it working.  I'm going back next Friday for session 2 - stay tuned.  You can click HERE to learn more about Melanie and her practice and the various types of massage she offers (one is called a rain drop massage - wow, how relaxing does that sound!!!  She says it's awesome.  I'm definitely going to try it someday).

No comments:

Post a Comment