Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chapter 2 page 14

A week in review -
First, let me just say how thankful I am that I made it through this week. I had said last weekend it would be chaotic, indeed, it was. It went by in the blink of an eye (not all bad). Second, thanks to everyone for your prayers and help with my big event on Thursday. It had some bumps, but all in all, it went pretty well! Finally, I better look at how well I did with my goals (ugggg!)

1. I will drink a bottle of water with dinner each night this week. 100% - I think I have this down pat so I think I will be able to call it a habit after at least one more week of it being a goal. {That said, my bottled water supply is running low and without it, I will fail this goal in the future so I'm running to Sams Club to pick up bunches more)


2. I will do 2 circuits with my tag at the gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - hopefully I will get at least 2 of them with my sweaty bff. 66% I failed to go to the gym on Monday. Wednesday I had a good workout - only 19 residual, but yesterday it was 58 which was a BIG bummer since I actually worked up a sweat and felt I worked hard. I was on what I call the "express plan" and my sweaty bff said that perhaps I just rushed too much (thanks for the pep talk, girl! - still stinks I got 58 residual).


3. On Thursday, between the morning and afternoon sessions of my event, I will walk/jog for 45 minutes along my usual training path. 0% Zero Zippo FAILED!!! I had worried about this goal when I made it, but I was dang gone optimistic when I decided to commit to it. I didn't get it done for a variety of reasons outside of my control relating to work, but those are just excuses. I didn't get this done!


4. I will eat at least 2 servings of veggies with dinner 4 nights this week. 100% This is not nearly as easy as the water drinking at dinner goal. I got a collapsible salad spinner for Christmas and I love it. The last 2 weeks I've had this goal, I've bought salad fixings and about 3 nights each week we have had salad for dinner - yum, but now I'm getting a bit tired of salad. This is definitely not an automatic goal yet so it will be on my goal list for at least a few more weeks.


5. I will weigh myself on Monday or Tuesday morning and record it on this blog. 100% - though it was ugly.

Thanks to all of you who read my blog. God bless you who share a weight struggle and who want better for you, your health, your family, and your life!!!! It's suppose to be warm this weekend (warm - it's about perspective, I guess!) - enjoy it!! I'll be back on Sunday night with next week's goals and a little about daily victories. Have a great weekend! Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment